Overnight VisitorCruise VisitorResident

CLOSE

SHOP & RELAX

Overnight VisitorCruise VisitorResident

CLOSE

WEDDINGS

CLOSE

Reply To: Cayman Islands Lobster and Conch Catch and Harvest Laws

HOME Forums Water Sports Diving Cayman Islands Lobster and Conch Catch and Harvest Laws Reply To: Cayman Islands Lobster and Conch Catch and Harvest Laws

I see that Oh Boy Charters has a full day snorkeling trip in the North Sound, that includes a lunch as well as a chance to dive for conch. They can be contacted at 345-949-6341 or 345-926-0898 or you can e-mail them at http://www.caymanactivityguide.com/forums/images/EmailButton.gif" alt="" title="" class="bbcode-image" />

I also see that the conch season is closed from May 1st through October 31st, so you should JUST make it!

We used to take snorkeling trips just like this year after year…..that was before there was a Stingray City……not to date myself 🙄 . Even when we didn’t take the trip, if we just went to the dock where these boats were moored, we would always find empty conch shells that no one wanted tossed away on the ground….then we’d pick one out and take it back to the condo to clean up and take home.

Have you cleaned one of these up before? It’s kind of a lot of work and takes a few days, so be sure you plan ahead. If I remember right, we had to soak the shell in a bucket of bleach for a day or so…..

Char