Overnight VisitorCruise VisitorResident

CLOSE

SHOP & RELAX

CLOSE

WEDDINGS

CLOSE

Easter break

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

We are visiting over the Easter break. Here in Canada, stores etc are closed Good Friday and Easter Sunday, but open MOnday. Will there be any restaurants open on Good Friday and Easter Sunday for us to eat at? Or should we hit the grocery store Saturday on arrival and stock up?

Divesergeant
    divesergeant
    Participant

You should be able to find some restaurants open. It wouldn’t hurt to lay in a supply at Kirk’s or Foster’s just in case though as I have once or twice been wrong!

If you arrive in time, you might want to check individually with restaurats at which you’d like to dine. Certainly, restaurants connected with a hotel or resort woould be open.

thanks divesergeant. Any recommendations on dive instructors for first timers age 14 and 17? I was going to get them a few lessons here before we go, but was told to get them there as they have much more experience.

Divesergeant
    divesergeant
    Participant

Hi Janine,

For an intro to scuba, you can do a “Resort Course” where an instructor gives some instruction in the morning and then a dive or two closely supervised after that. Think of it as a dealer giving out free samples of crack! I believe 14 is old enough for this, but check first.

For an instructor, Casey at Neptune’s Divers is CAG recommended and has become a very good friend. I can’t count how many hours I have been diving with her and her crew. She is laid back on everything except safety and conservation. She has a gift of making people comfortable. She is a small outfit so you’d have to check with her to see if she can schedule, but it is worth it if she can. Casey is also a lionfish killing machine. If you or any of your family (male or female) are into nature-based jewelry, ask her to put you in contact with her friend Kelly who, in addition to being a lionfish killing machine also, makes some beautiful jewelry out of lionfish fins.

The other dive operator I’d give a nod to is Living The Dream. I have not been with them personally but they are well recommended by my friend, Joe, who runs this site.

These are if you are staying in the George Town, Seven Mile Beach area. If you are going to be out east or at Rum Point, then getting in to these in the morning will be an inducement to profanity with the traffic! If that is the case, get thee to Ocean Frontiers. Our first dive trip was with them wayyyyyyy back in 1998 and we have fond memories of them.

Speaking of Casey at Neptune’s, if you or hubby is into Harleys, ask her about her hubby’s business. They do Harley tours of the island.

If you would, let the outfits you contact know that DiveSergeant at the Activity Guide sent you!

Cheers!

DS

Thanks again. We will surely contact the first 2 as we are staying at seven mile beach…and I will let them know you highly recommended them. Thanks again! Going to try and squeeze in as much as we can in those 10 days!

Divesergeant
    divesergeant
    Participant

Be sure to rent a vehicle and cruise the island for a day. East End is beautiful and Kaibo/Rum Point area is nice, too. Rum Point gets kind of busy, though, but Kaibo is a bit more laid back.

Great thankyou!

Shelly
    shelly

-groceries are closed on Sundays

from the Fosters Grocery Store website–

All of our Foster’s Food Fair IGA locations, except Bay Market, are open on all Public Holidays except Good Friday, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day.

Our Public Holiday hours are 9:00AM – 6:00PM.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

MAKE A RESERVATION TODAY

CLOSE

STAY

CLOSE

DINE

CLOSE

FUN

CLOSE

DIVE

CLOSE