DIVE

Overnight VisitorCruise VisitorResident

CLOSE

SHOP & RELAX

CLOSE

WEDDINGS

CLOSE

Staying at Morritt’s – rent a car or take taxis?

HOME Forums Sightseeing Transportation Staying at Morritt’s – rent a car or take taxis?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Cassie30
    Cassie30

I will staying at Morrits in July… Should we rent a car, or are there taxis?? How is transportaion there??

I think anyone not staying on SMB absolutely needs a car. Taxi service from east to west and back will be very expensive. It is a tiny island but it takes about 45 minutes to get from Morritts/Reef area to Georgetown. A trip to West Bay could easily take more than an hour. There are no 70 mph highways, just 2 lane roads that go through little towns – so distance is not really the issue. I’m not complaining, just trying some explaining my view anyway – it is a BEAUTIFUL drive. And many areas on the island are so worth seeing and snorkeling!

This is from our drive out east 2 years ago…

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y84/gardengirl43/Boatbyroad.jpg" alt="" title="" class="bbcode-image" />

Cassie30
    Cassie30

THANK YOU SO MUCH for the information! BEAUTIFUL picture!!! I am so ready to go! It will be my first trip!!! 😛

Kurtis
    kurtis

Hi Cassie30,

Morritt’s does offer a bus trip to georgetown daily. They drop you off at 9am and pick you back up at 3pm. I think it’s about $12 US. However, we are renting a car to be able to go where we want,when we want. Although since Morritt’s has so many activities, and Red Sail sports has a base there, a car is not necessarily required.

In any case, check with Andy’s rent-a-car. The prices with the CAG20 discount code are very reasonable.

Dsherwood
    dsherwood

Good advice. However, just remember that the bus drivers are on “Cayman time”, which may not necessarily be “on time”. Our bus didn’t pick us up at Morritt’s until about 9:20. With stops along the way, we didn’t arrive at the bus station until 10:15. Then we waited almost ten minutes for the next bus driver to leave to take us to Seven Mile (Westin) where we had arranged to meet Jennifer from Pampered Ponies. Fortunately, she knows the score and was still waiting for us when we arrived at 10:40.

Like was said before, I’m not complaining. Just trying to give some info so nobody wigs out over Cayman time versus American time and can plan activities or meeting times accordingly. In other words, set your clocks and watches to “-ish”. :spin:

Dsellars
    dsellars

Thanks for the advice on island time I can’t wait to switch my watch……. diana

Cassie30
    Cassie30

Kurtis-

Thanks for the information! So, I guess you have stayed at Morrits before!! Any info you can give me would be great!! :jump:

Kurtis
    kurtis

Nope,

never stayed there, just read up on the information. This website, along with the morritts website has prepared me quite well(I hope).

Getting nervous…….

As someone who “owns” at Morritt’s, let me add to the chorus, rent a car.

Be aware that car sizes are relative, the island is small and so are the cars.

What info would you like about the resort?

Cassie30
    Cassie30

Just wondering what about restaurants nearby, how far things are away, like downtown, Hell, and the other tourist activities.. Also, is there a grocery store nearby? Any helpful information would be great!!

Awsometwosome
    awsometwosome
    Participant

We own at Moritt’s and haven’t been there since before Ivan. Going back in September. Yes, you will definitely need to rent a car. Taxi’s can get very expensive.

Rich & Judy

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

MAKE A RESERVATION TODAY

CLOSE

STAY

CLOSE

DINE

CLOSE

FUN

CLOSE

DIVE

CLOSE