Play Stop
Memberlist Register Follow Cayman Islands Activity Guide on Twitter  Cayman Activity Guide on My space Follow Cayman Activity Guide on Facebook
Profile Log in to check your private messages

Royal Palms Live Webcam
Temperature: 71.4°F / 21.9°C | Humidity: 73% | Pressure: 30.06in / 1018hPa (Steady) | Conditions: Partly Cloudy | Wind Direction: NNE | Wind Speed: 2.0mph / 3.2km/h | Water Temperature: 81 ° F
FAQFAQ TOSTOSSearchSearch View unanswered postsView unanswered posts  
Earn CAG Credits with Every Review - Reward Values $25 - $1,200

Boat and Jet Ski Rental and Tours | Photos | Reviews | SAVE! 5 Star Rating

As a non-registered guest, you are only able to read a portion of our forums. For complete access to all forums and the lowest prices and greatest savings, please spend a few minutes and register.

Boat and Jet Ski Rental and Tours | Photos | Reviews | SAVE!
Rated: 5 stars out of 5 (102 ratings)

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic      Cayman Activity Guide Forum Index -> Water Sports - Miscellaneous

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Joe StebbinsReply with quote
Founder/Administrator
Credits:
(71)

Founder/Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:53 pm    Post subject: Boat and Jet Ski Rental and Tours | Photos | Reviews | SAVE!

Explore the most beautiful waters in the Caribbean at your own pace. Relax and create your own exotic adventures with the intimacy of your own power boat, jet ski or wave runner.

Jet off on your own after a thorough briefing or tour with a professional guide. Either way you are assured of the most exciting, crowd free adventures to the most popular water accessible land and sea sites in Grand Cayman.

Go diving, sightseeing, fishing, have lunch or just drop anchor in a secluded cove and enjoy snacks and beverages from your ice chest.

Book Now and SAVE!

Water ski equipment is provided and the north sound is typically calm with a light chop, providing a safe and exhilarating playground for water ski enthusiasts. Drop anchor in the sound to rest, read, relax and enjoy your favorite pre-packed snacks and beverages; or cruise to Stingray City Sandbar and watch the antics or join in.

Choose from a small fleet of 18-20 foot boats, which are ideal for exploring Cayman?s tranquil near shore waters and sounds. Pick your choice of diving, snorkeling, fishing or skiing equipment - ready for you when you pick up your boat so you can custom tailor your adventure to suit your individual interests.

All boats are equipped with radios, phones, depth finders, compass, dry and wet storage areas and whatever additional gear or equipment you request for the day. Just bring towels, sunscreen, ice and your favorite snacks and beverages.

Rent a boat or jet ski or take a guided tour with 8 people maximum. Absolutely no crowds on this customer service oriented tour!

Rum Point and Kaibo are only a few minutes away from Stingray City Sandbar by boat so you can cruise right up, drop anchor and wade to shore.

For the ultimate private Stingray City adventure, bring a box of frozen squid and enjoy this world class dive/snorkel site at your own leisurely pace, devoid of any distractions, crowds and restrictions.

Moore Marine offers free pickup from Seven Mile Beach and George Town or they will deliver your boat or jet ski to the location nearest you, depending on where you want to spend your day.

Escape the hustle and bustle of Seven Mile Beach and jet ski in remote tranquil areas or even to Stingray City. Moore Marine provides you with maps and easy directions to all of the best watersport areas around Grand Cayman.

Spending a day on Cayman's clear tranquil waters with the privacy and freedom of your own boat or jet ski is an experience like no other. The possibilities are as endless as your imagination as you are provided with plenty of suggestions, along with maps and easy to follow directions.

Depending on the weather, Moore Marine will suggest a particular area of the island and deliver your boat or jet ski to the nearest departure location. Weather permitting, the North Sound provides the broadest selection of activities and you have a choice of departure points for this area from Seven Mile Beach to Rum Point.

Prior to departure, a complete safety and navigational briefing is given to assure you of a safe and easy boating experience. Even novice boaters will delight in the ease of navigating Caymans well marked channels and easy to find water attractions. In most cases, even a compass is unnecessary, as you can clearly spot Rum Point, Stingray City, Stingray City Sandbar, Kaibo, and all the most popular attractions with the aid of your easy to read map, provided at no extra charge.

While Grand Cayman offers some of the easiest and convenient navigatable waters, I do not recommend this activity to anyone who has not operated a boat for at least 100 hours. By simply using common sense and following a few simple rules like not drinking excessively and keeping a lookout for any navigational hazards, exploring the water attractions of Grand Cayman in the intimacy of your own boat will provide one of the most outstanding and memorable experiences of your vacation.

Book Now and SAVE!

1 person likes this post.

adawgReply with quote
Banned0

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject:

This might be poor form to ask, but anyone know the general costs for a rental? Seems like it would be really cool to rent a boat and hang out at the Stingray City sand bar...Although I don't know a thing about boats which would make it even more fun.

0 person likes this post.

Founder/Administrator
Credits:
(71)

Founder/Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:07 pm    Post subject:

Rentals start at $280/day, but depending on how many days you rent, you can get 5-10% discounts with the coupon in our magazine. They also rent tubes, water ski gear, fishing equipment, boogie boards, snorkel gear, etc. You can have a blast with your own boat. If there are 3 or 4 of you the cost breaks down pretty well considering you have the whole ocean to yourselves. Wink

PhileaglesReply with quote
Newbie0

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject:

First I heard about this. 2-cool Exclamation will do this for sure next trip. Good info!

normallynormalReply with quote
Newbie0

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:48 am    Post subject:

This must be new, we've been coming there for years and could never find a boat rental. This place is a terrific information source. Thank you. Very Happy

CoreyReply with quote
Newbie0

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:38 am    Post subject: 2 man speed boats or Aquaboats

Is there a place we can rent the small 2 man power boats or the 2 person aquaboats. I see an excursion on our ship that has the aquaboats but we would prefer to do it privately.

DaveMillerReply with quote
Frequent Flyer0
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject:

There's a place that rents power boats. I think it's More Marine. Look under water sports. wink

Founder/Administrator
Credits:
(71)

Founder/Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject:

This is relatively new and an incredible experience for anyone with a little knowledge of boats. You can water ski, snorkel, dive, sightsee, go to Stingray City, etc. all in the privacy of your own power boat. Very Happy

CelineReply with quote
Ms. Popularity0
Ms. Popularity

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject:

That sounds like a WONDERFUL addition to what's already available to do in paradise.........I know what boats look like and I've been on many but I'm guessing that might be "too little" knowledge Rolling Eyes this from the person who went out sailing with a girlfriend who said she KNEW how to sail and once we got out in the middle of the lake and it looked like a storm was brewing, her memory evaporated and we couldn't get back........to the amusement of ALL the other boaters....... :-D haven't been on a sailboat since......tricky buggers.

Celine

scubacharReply with quote
Native0
Native

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 7:19 pm    Post subject:

Joe,

I guess I missed the original discussion on this company. This is definitely something that would appeal to my husband and our friends. They do have knowledge of boats and would love to play around sometime in the North Sound, snorkeling and fishing. We'll definitely check it out next year!

There was a company many years ago (maybe ten or so?) that offered this for a year or two. When we checked into it, however, there was a huge disclaimer stating that if there was any damage done to the prop that it was at the expense of the renter. Major liability! With all those coral heads all over, we decided to pass on that! Any idea what this company has in place for that kind of thing?

Char

Founder/Administrator
Credits:
(71)

Founder/Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:10 am    Post subject:

Char - All boat rental places require some kind of compensation if your damage their prop. It was the same in Hawaii and Florida whenever I rented a boat. There are a lot of novice boaters who just go tearing around the reef with total disregard for the reef and the prop, so unfortunately the occurances of prop (and reef!) damage are all too frequent. I was hesitant to accept advertising for boat rental because of this, but I felt it was a valuable activity for people who have had experience with boats. They give a very thorough briefing before you head out, and tell you what to look for and what to avoid.

The reef is very easy to spot from a small boat since the water is so clear and you are so close to it. I have been driving boats around here for 12 years and only trashed one prop - there was a pice of driftwood on the surface of the water that I did not see.

I think a prop replacement is about $200 so at least that does provide additional incentive for people to be a little more cautious around the reefs. Wink

Native0
Native

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:42 am    Post subject:

Thanks, Joe,

I think we should definitely look into it on our next visit. I think we'd probably be able to handle it ok..... water

I think my husband would be torn between using it to fish or to snorkel from.........I guess we could do both!

Char

Founder/Administrator
Credits:
(71)

Founder/Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:51 am    Post subject:

Char - You could easily do both, and they rent all the gear as well. Wink

You could start with a Stingray City or Sandbar stop and then head through the channel markers (weather permitting) and go fishing along the outside of the barrier reef. If it is a little rough out there, you can fish in the non-marine park section of the north sound. It is clearly marked and they will give you a map to use which tells you where you can and can not fish inside the sound. You can even snorkel for conch in some sections of the sound and bring home dinner! Wink

Native0
Native

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:10 am    Post subject:

Great!

How big is the boat, by the way? I suppose they have more than one...

My husband is such a fanatic fisherman. He just stopped bringing his poles along on our annual Cayman trips a few years ago.....he loves fly fishing these days, and he used to go up to Barker's Point early every morning and fish for bonefish in the flats. Boy, did the bugs find him up there!!! Finally, decided to just concentrate on diving and leave the poles at home.

A couple of times we rented a boat (with a captain, though, cause that was the only option) to do a little reef fishing in the North Sound.....I suppose it was outside the reef.....but I think to be able to go out on our own would be a blast!

Definitely want to look into this for next year!

Char

Founder/Administrator
Credits:
(71)

Founder/Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:33 am    Post subject:

Char - They have several boats and you can see them HERE

There is no experience more rewarding than that instant when you first rev the motor and feel the wind in your face as you head out to sea in the intimacy of your very own boat.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Cayman Activity Guide Forum Index -> Water Sports - Miscellaneous
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Rate as     
5 Star Rating  based on 102 ratings.
Post a reply

Choose Display Order
User Permissions