Play Stop
Memberlist Register Follow Cayman Islands Activity Guide on Twitter  Cayman Activity Guide on My space Follow Cayman Activity Guide on Facebook
Profile Log in to check your private messages

Royal Palms Live Webcam
Temperature: 71.4°F / 21.9°C | Humidity: 73% | Pressure: 30.06in / 1018hPa (Steady) | Conditions: Partly Cloudy | Wind Direction: NNE | Wind Speed: 2.0mph / 3.2km/h | Water Temperature: 82 ° F
FAQFAQ TOSTOSSearchSearch View unanswered postsView unanswered posts  
Earn CAG Credits with Every Review - Reward Values $25 - $1,200

Atlantis Submarine Adventures | VIDEO | DISCOUNT | Reviews 5 Star Rating

As a non-registered guest, you are only able to read a portion of our forums. For complete access to all forums and the lowest prices and greatest savings, please spend a few minutes and register.

Atlantis Submarine Adventures | VIDEO | DISCOUNT | Reviews
Rated: 5 stars out of 5 (158 ratings)

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic      Cayman Activity Guide Forum Index -> Water Sports - Miscellaneous

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Joe StebbinsReply with quote
Founder/Administrator
Credits:
(71)

Founder/Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Atlantis Submarine Adventures | VIDEO | DISCOUNT | Reviews

Atlantis Adventure - Submarine Adventures
Must Do Description:
Atlantis Submarines. Largest fleet of submarines and only true submarine in the Cayman Islands.
Activity Guide Discounts Include (subject to seasonal change):
1. 5-10% off Semi-Submersible
2. 5-10% off Deep (100ft.) Submarine. Valid for all daytime tours
3. 5-10% off Deep (100ft.) Submarine Night Dives. Valid for all night tours
Located in George Town, Map F/19.
Calll 345- 9497700.

Experience the thrill of journeying beneath the sea in a Real Submarine. A technological marvel, the Atlantis XI Submarine was specifically designed for underwater sightseeing excursions. The spacious cabin is air-conditioned and for your added comfort, maintained at sea level pressure (no effect on the ears). The smooth ride and clarity of the water will amaze you as you explore Grand Cayman?s Underwater Marine Park to depths of 100 feet.

At the helm of the Atlantis XI Submarine is a highly skilled pilot who will reveal to you a panorama of breathtaking underwater vistas, while your friendly co-pilot and guide provides a wealth of knowledge in an entertaining narration. Huge barrel sponges and star corals abound the reef while colorful snappers and groupers, even the occasional stingray and turtle, may pass within a few feet of your large view-port.

Your 1-1/2 hour excursion conveniently begins and ends at the Atlantis Adventure Center Dock. Guests will check-in and pay 20 minutes prior to tour departure time, at the Adventure Center, located on the waterfront in George Town across from the Hard Rock Caf?, in the heart of the Duty Free Shopping District.

FAST FACTS:

TOUR PRICE AND RESERVATIONS:

NOTE: The following links will take you directly to the Atlantis website where you can make real time reservations at the lowest rates, subject to availability.

ADULT: Book Now And SAVE!

TEEN: (13 to 17 yrs) Book Now And SAVE!

CHILD: (4 [36"+] to 12 yrs) Book Now And SAVE!

TOUR DURATION:

1-1/2 hours (40-45 minutes underwater)

TOUR TIMES & ITINERARY:

0:00 Leave Atlantis Dock on Ferry Vessel to Meet the Atlantis Submarine

0:10 Arrive at Dive Site and Watch the Atlantis Submarine Surface

0:15 Previous Tour Exits Submarine and Next Group Boards

0:25 Begin Descent for 40-45 Minute Tour to Depth of 100 Feet

1:10 Submarine Surfaces and Passengers Disembark 1:15. Passengers for Next Tour Board Submarine

1:20 Watch Atlantis Submarine Submerge and Leave for Atlantis Dock

1:30 Return to Atlantis Dock

TOUR RESTRICTIONS:

Wheelchair guests may participate if they can stand and are able to safely navigate a 7-step ladder into and out of the submarine

TIP: idea

You do not need to reserve this in advance unless you are coming on a cruise. Use the coupon in Activity Guide when you arrive for the best deal.

Phone:
1-800-887-8571
1-345-949-7700

Be sure to tell them you will be bringing the Activity Guide coupon.

0 person likes this post.

divnpaulReply with quote
Moderator0

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:23 am    Post subject:

Hey Joe... Nice video! Although it's been years since I was aboard, Atlantis submarine is a great trip for divers and non-divers alike to check out what's underwater. I have a question though: at about :50 into the video there is a wreck in the foreground with the sub in the background. Do you know what wreck that is? It looks pretty cool. Thanx and keep up the good work. -Paul ThumbsUp

CelineReply with quote
Ms. Popularity0
Ms. Popularity

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:09 am    Post subject:

GREAT video......you are getting REALLY good with these! Cheers

Celine

Founder/Administrator
Credits:
(71)

Founder/Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:13 am    Post subject:

Thanks Paul and Celine. Very Happy

That wreck is the Oro Verde. I combined some stock footage with what I shot and they had that really great footage of the Oro Verde with the Atlantis Sub in the background. I haven't dived the Oro Verde since around '97, when it looked pretty much like it does in the video. Has it changed much over the years?

divnpaulReply with quote
Moderator0

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:24 am    Post subject:

I last dove the OV in 2004. It is the wreck of a wreck of a wreck.... If I remember, the bow is the only thing left intact. The rest of it is plates, etc, strewn arond. The 6 (?) cylinder engine is exposed, however. Still a pretty cool dive, especially when combined with Peter's Reef. Gilbert and Michelle took their toll.

Here's a funny one though... If you've ever heard of the USS Speigel Grove, a 510 foot ship sunk as a reef off Key Largo in 2002... After a long time trying to sink it, you'll know that it ended on it's side. Well Hurricane Dennis of this year came along and righted it!!! Imagine how the guy who first saw it after the storm reacted?.... :o Must have been something else....

CaymantwinsReply with quote
Native0
Native
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes...would settle for an ocean instead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:55 am    Post subject:

Looks great! We may have to consider trying it with the girls - I think they'd really like it!

Great video Joe, loved all of the underwater creatures that you were able to catch on video! :fish2:

Kim palm

LIVE each day the the fullest... LAUGH until your sides hurt... LOVE like you've never loved before...

Founder/Administrator
Credits:
(71)

Founder/Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:40 am    Post subject:

Paul - That's amazing about the USS Speigel Grove. Nature is one impressive force.

The Oro Verde was never completely in tack since I started diving it, and after a second look at the video that may have been taken pre-Gilbert. I do remember at least the bow completely in tact like it looks in the video with that little square hole you could use to penetrate and swim around inside. There was room for about 10 people inside at a time if I remember correctly. There used to be a bicycle right next to it that made for a cool photo opportunity. Wink

rwillis757Reply with quote
Newbie0

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject:

The video brings back some wonderful memories. My husband and I just did this on our vacation and we both loved it. We almost did it TWICE we liked it so much!

mlgReply with quote
Newbie0

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:45 am    Post subject: afternoon schedules for Atlantis and Seaworld Explorer

Hi - I'm a newby at this! Our family will be visiting GC in April via cruise ship. We'd like to book one of these tours for an afternoon time frame. Any idea how I can get a schedule & pre-book? Thanks

cindylouReply with quote
Native0
Native

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:42 am    Post subject:

Hi mlg - welcome to the forum! We are here to make sure that your stop over in Grand Cayman is an enjoyable, stress free, exciting experience (especially because we want you to come back and visit our Islands for more than just a day!)

Anyhow we recommend that your contact our recommended businesses directly and here is Joe's advice on how to do so for this tour:

"Cruise passengers can call in their reservation at: 1-345-949-7700 and tell them you will be bringing the Activity Guide coupon. Then print this coupon or print the whole page at once in the coupon section and be sure to bring them with you."

Be sure to take a look at all the coupons on offering and take full advantage of the wide variety of activities that are available.

And as always we LOVE LOVE LOVE trip reports so think about us when you get back from your trip and give us a full trip report (we don't even have to hear about just Cayman, we love to hear about the whole trip_ Very Happy

Cindy Lou

cr26crReply with quote
Frequent Flyer
Credits:
(5)

Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject:

Getting closer!!!!

We have decided to try the Atlantis Adventure this time. My question to everyone is, should we do the night or day trip? Any recommendations or thoughts would be great!

Thank you, and have a great day!

Clay

bonnies4winnsReply with quote
Temporary Resident0
Temporary Resident

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: ATLANTIS SUB ADVENTURE

Hi,

I would like to make a reservation for a night dive on the Atlantis sub. I don't have an email address for this only a phone number. If I waited until we are in Grand Cayman to make a reservation, would that be too late? I know the night dives are only on Tuesday & Thursday nights.

Also, does anyone know if cameras are allowed on the sub? Does anyone have experience with taking video & digital pictures on the night dive. How did they turn out? I hear the colors are more vivid on the night dive.

Thanks for your help!

Bonnie

RavenchyldeReply with quote
Status Member0
Status Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject:

Hello bonnies4winns! wave

try atlantisadventures, Wink I also plan on doing this night excursion, cameras are allowed, Smile also when taking pictures make sure the flash is off or it will reflect off the portal glass!, ruining your pictures. Crying or Very sad tantrum censored The powerful lights should be able to do the job..if you can see it, it should be there, the coral reefs come alive at night, jump2 you will see things not seen during the day. Don't forget to use the coupon for the best price located in the coupon section of the guide!ThumbsUp Oh, don't forget...Always mention CAG when making your initial contact Exclamation

Raven sun

haltomReply with quote
Temporary Resident0
Temporary Resident

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject:

bonnies4winns,

We have done the sub in the day and at night. We took cameras on both trips. I usually take tons of pictures, but I only have a few of the night trip in my album. It's hard to see everything if your nose is in your camera. The critters don't always comply. You may have to look over your shoulder through your neighbor's window, or they might be too difficult to capture a good shot at a certain angle. Don't get the wrong idea - it is definitely worthwhile. We don't dive, and we wanted to see what we were missing all the way down there.

If I remember correctly, we just made reservations when we got there. It may have been the same day.

seabrz317Reply with quote
Newbie0

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:38 am    Post subject: Atlantis Submarine

Is there an email address to contact this company? Or is the phone number listed the only way to make reservations?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Cayman Activity Guide Forum Index -> Water Sports - Miscellaneous
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Rate as     
5 Star Rating  based on 158 ratings.
Post a reply

Choose Display Order
User Permissions