Play Stop
Memberlist Register Follow Cayman Islands Activity Guide on Twitter  Cayman Activity Guide on My space Follow Cayman Activity Guide on Facebook
Profile Log in to check your private messages

Royal Palms Live Webcam
Temperature: 71.4°F / 21.9°C | Humidity: 73% | Pressure: 30.06in / 1018hPa (Steady) | Conditions: Partly Cloudy | Wind Direction: NNE | Wind Speed: 2.0mph / 3.2km/h | Water Temperature: 82 ° F
FAQFAQ TOSTOSSearchSearch View unanswered postsView unanswered posts  
Earn CAG Credits with Every Review - Reward Values $25 - $1,200

Royal Palms Reef Grill | VIDEO | PHOTOS | MENU | REVIEWS | SPECIAL SEATING FOR ACTIVITY GUIDE MEMBERS 4.5 Star Rating

As a non-registered guest, you are only able to read a portion of our forums. For complete access to all forums and the lowest prices and greatest savings, please spend a few minutes and register.

Royal Palms Reef Grill | VIDEO | PHOTOS | MENU | REVIEWS | SPECIAL SEATING FOR ACTIVITY GUIDE MEMBERS
Rated: 4.5 stars out of 5 (103 ratings)

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic      Cayman Activity Guide Forum Index -> Restaurants

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Joe StebbinsReply with quote
Founder/Administrator
Credits:
(71)

Founder/Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:14 pm    Post subject: Royal Palms Reef Grill | VIDEO | PHOTOS | MENU | REVIEWS | SPECIAL SEATING FOR ACTIVITY GUIDE MEMBERS

Royal Palms Reef Grill
One of Caymanís most popular and premiere seaside restaurants. Extensive menu, featuring daily specials and locally caught seafood. Special nightly events with live music Thursday through Saturday evenings. Extremely popular day spot with expansive beach, beach bar and every conceivable watersport activity.

Book direct and mention Activity Guide SPECIAL SEATING.

Everything under the stars...

For decades the Royal Palms has been famous for its superb restaurant the Reef Grill and as the most popular ocean front night spot for dancing to live music under the stars. Over the years Royal Palms has undergone many changes, not the least of which followed hurricane Ivan when the restaurant was completely remodeled and a large ocean-front elevated deck was added.

Seating options now include a spacious upper deck area which provides breathtaking panoramic ocean views.

Year after year, they continue to maintain the tradition of combining fine cuisine with a spectacular culturally rich setting for locals and visitors alike to congregate, mingle and dance.

Begin your evening at the Reef Grill where you will experience some of the finest cuisine you ever tasted at very affordable prices. Seafood fans will love the sea bass, one of their signature dishes. Fine wines and romantic sunsets enhance the experience whether you dine in their charming air conditioned restaurant or in any one of a number of splendid outdoor seating areas, including an elevated panoramic view of the ocean.

Grilled Sea Bass has been a Reef Grill signature dish for many years, a favorite among locals and visitors alike.

The Reef Grill offers an upscale well-appointed indoor bar, in addition to two outdoor bars.

After dinner they offer live music on Thursday through Saturday evenings directly adjacent to the beach. With three bars spread out over an acre of fun and excitement this is the most expansive outdoor evening party spot on the island where locals and visitors alike have been congregating for decades. Don?t miss the opportunity to experience the legend; be sure to include Royal Palms in your evening itinerary.

Dance to live music under the stars by the beach Thurs. - Saturday evenings

Royal Palms is located directly on Seven Mile Beach. You will find their phone number and an easy map locater in Activity Guide when you arrive.

Dinner reservations are highly recommended:

Mention Activity Guide when you call or email and request preferential seating.
As an Activity Guide member, you will have your choice of:
1. Preferential upstairs seating directly on the rail; or,
2. Direct SAND SEATING with discount for additional sand seating fee.

Enjoy your intimate seating and wonderful dinner and watch the other 100 or so people with average seating wondering how you got such incredible seats.
Membership has its privileges. wine

Phone: 1-345-945-6358

0 person likes this post.

jpepReply with quote
Credits:
(1)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:47 am    Post subject:

Joe,

Great video, I definitely got a sense of the place. Nice indoor dining room. Also appears there is outdoor dining, right?

The food presentations look delicious. Is there live music nightly, or only some nights/week.

We were strongly leaning towards dining at the Reef Grill, but you have certainly helped make up our minds. Now ... the hard part is figuring out what to have. Smile

CelineReply with quote
Ms. Popularity0
Ms. Popularity

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:34 am    Post subject:

jpep..........this restaurant/bar is GREAT! There is outdoor and indoor dining and their sea bass is legendary! Plus.....you can just walk the beach on your way back to the Hyatt....FUN! We've done that when we stayed at the Westin, a little further down from the Hyatt, and it's a very glorious, romantic walk back....and short, so don't think you're going to walk off all the food you'll want to eat there! :-D

Great video Joe!

Celinealittlemoreportlyonceagain Rolling Eyes

jpepReply with quote
Credits:
(1)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:45 am    Post subject:

Thanks Celine,

Will likely have to walk there and back... to have any chance of burning off the meal. With all the great restaurants on GC, think I'm going to be doing a lot of walking on this trip... Laughing

CaymantwinsReply with quote
Native0
Native
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes...would settle for an ocean instead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:24 pm    Post subject:

The Reef Grill/Royal Palms is our favorite hangout! Great food at the Reef Grill and the Royal Palms is a great place to hangout after dinner for drinks and dancing! We have gotten to know many of the staff over the years and it like a homecoming to see them all again! Truely wonderful!

Kim palm

LIVE each day the the fullest... LAUGH until your sides hurt... LOVE like you've never loved before...

kchickReply with quote
Native0
Native

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:49 am    Post subject:

Loved the place when we were there! When I got home, I went to their web site everyday to get my little fix or the Cayman! Heard that they are going to do that again............ any news on that?

snowed inReply with quote
Temporary Resident0
Temporary Resident

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject:

I start almost every night in Cayman at Royal Palms. Get the sea bass....I think it is the best meal on the island! Always a fun crowd and although most of the "old" staff has left, they still show up there to hang out and say hello!

jpepReply with quote
Credits:
(1)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:20 am    Post subject:

Thanks Kim, kchick & snowed in.

That grilled sea bass does look good... and may save me from taking too long a walk after dinner to burn it off.... Laughing

jrenfrowReply with quote
Frequent Flyer0
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject:

Anyone know the time that the band plays?

kchickReply with quote
Native0
Native

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject:

jrenfrow wrote:
Anyone know the time that the band plays?

No, but I do know that the webxam is back up and running!!!

jrenfrowReply with quote
Frequent Flyer0
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject:

Is it within walking distance to the Comfort Suites/Regal Beach Club area? How long?

I am pretty sure that it is but we have only been there by car so I am not sure about how far it actually is by beach. It seems to be relatively close though.

Captain JackReply with quote
Native0
Native

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject:

Not far at all.... I stumbled back with a rum punch and still had more than half left!!!... and that's without spilling!!! Margarita

It just a ways north of the Marriott.... a great walk on the beach, drink or two, and nice stumble back!!! Very Happy

"I Hate Wearing Socks"

Joe StebbinsReply with quote
Founder/Administrator
Credits:
(71)

Founder/Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject:

The band starts playing around 7pm, Thursday - Saturday.

caymancicReply with quote
Temporary Resident0
Temporary Resident

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Great Reef Grill and bar

I can say the food there is wonderful. It is just so hard to pick. And the bar is a favorite of mine (not that I drink that much). It has some old friends from the HI and it seems to be a place to meet. Plus I prefer outside bars. A "northerner attitude".

I do miss their web cam. I used to check it out often.

caymancic drinking dine

Captain JackReply with quote
Native0
Native

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject:

caymancic,

The web cam is now in the top left corner of the page.... Joe got it set up today...

"I Hate Wearing Socks"

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Cayman Activity Guide Forum Index -> Restaurants
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Rate as     
4.5 Star Rating  based on 103 ratings.
Post a reply

Choose Display Order
User Permissions